Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I still haven't been updating this thing regularly. Sorry...I have a lot going on and this has been slacking. Here is a picture from Gwen on campus. We met some friends at the kids museum one day and brought some lunch and met Daddy for lunch on campus. The kids were hilarious, they spent a good portion of the time chasing squirrels. I have never seen anything so funny, Nate was chasing this one squirrel and instead of running up the tree he (or she, I don't know) ran around the tree, this went on for some time and I almost fell on the floor laughing. It went for like 5 minutes. I sadly didn't get a video of that, but I did get one of Gwen sitting on the bench. Sadly we also saw some girl doing some publicity photos or something, made us feel a little dirty, fortunately we had already finished lunch.
The kids really enjoy taking out all the pots and pans and sitting in the cabinet. Gwen asks they can play "pots and pans are handy"...I don't know why she calls it that, but she does.
We usually check on the kids before we go to bed, Eric runs out one night and says I need the camera. Apparently he had both shoes on but Eric missed it with the camera. Nate loves shoes and well, I let him where whatever around the house.
This is from when we went blueberry picking on Gwen's birthday. He told Eric he wanted some blueberries, for some reason Eric handed him the bucket and then this happened!
Have I mentioned my boy loves the blueberries.
The birthday girl required a picture, we obliged.

We have had some busy weekends and some unusual stuff going on around here. The ladies that were leading the Moms group at my Church had decided it was time for them to step down. I've decided to co-lead the group with another Mom I've met recently. I think we might be in over our heads, but we'll muddle through (I hope). The group has a lot of little side things-playgroups, Meals for Moms, Bible studies. Fortunately they already already have leaders for all the little side groups, we just have to coordinate the monthly meetings with a subject of our choosing.
Sadly Eric's Grandmother died last week and so he drove up to the funeral in MD. It was a long couple days for Eric.
We've also visited with some friends. Not as many friends as I would liked to have visited with this summer, but I guess kids get sick and things don't work out. But, I have some posts upcoming (I swear) about the visits we did have.
We are gearing up for Gwen starting preK this month...in about 3 weeks!
I haven't been able to go to the gym in the evenings because of break between classes so I have been getting up and going to the pool at 6am! It means I have been trying to go to bed early and getting up early. It has been nice to be home in the evenings and I have missed swimming. But man it has been hard on me, I forgot how much harder it is to breathe underwater, even though I have been going to the gym for 6 months and have been working pretty hard at the cardio. Breathing underwater is completely different. I am glad that the pools have reopened after all the construction. I definitely feel like an old lady in the pool.

I think that is about it for now...I must go to bed soon, early morning.

No comments: