Thursday, October 21, 2010

Playdate

I am ashamed to admit that I've never really done playdates for my kids. It is not something that has occurred to me to do, set up playdates. But since we have moved here, I have started learning about playdates. I am now learning about the after school playdates for Gwen. Some of the Gwen's friends have shown interest in having Gwen over after school. Conveniently the 2 that have shown interest will pick her up after school and then drop her off at our house. SWEET! But, today was the first day I had one of her friends to her house. I thought we would, well I don't know what I thought, but I didn't plan anything to do. I just thought we could think of stuff on our own. But, Nate I didn't know what would happen with him. This house is small, and most the toys are in their room, so I didn't know what I was going to do for his nap/QT. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, so we ended up having a picnic lunch outside while he slept in the car. Then he woke up so we went in the house. Lana wanted to know if Gwen had any princess dresses, (have I mentioned she's 1 of soon to be 4-3 of which are girls). And then they seemed to not get a long for a little while, Lana was playing with something in the kids' room and Gwen was upset that she didn't want to do what Gwen wanted them to do and said she didn't want to have any more playdates at her house, only at Lana's. I asked her what would make her play date more fun, what did she want to do? So we went out back but I think the girls were tired. We played outside for a little bit, we came back inside they laid down for a little bit, like a minute and then all was right with the world and they wanted nothing to do with Nate. So I kept Nate occupied and they played and then when her Mom came, they didn't want to be separated. I guess I will ask the Mom how it went, and maybe improve our next playdate. Gwen has her second after school playdate tomorrow, I guess I will try to pump Gwen when she gets home to see what I can do to improve her home playdate experience. The only thing I did learn from Gwen's playdate is that her princess dress is itchy, I am wondering if she should get a new one for Christmas, that is less itchy?

No comments: