Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Quilt and other things

As some may remember, I have been working on this quilt for Eric for I don't know, like a million years.  Ok, in truth I started this bad boy in September of '09.  You can see the full thing without any quilting here and when I started hand quilting here.  But recently I realized that I'd only finished 3 squares and I still have 22 to go, so I have to figure out how to get this thing on the machine.  I did at the beginning of the month and I now have 9.5 square done.  I have really sped through the thing now.  The bad thing is that my basting method, while fine for hand stitching, is not holding up for machine quilting, the t-shirts have stretched some.  This is not going to be the flattest quilt, but it won't take me 25 years to finish!  I guess I should re-baste.  But, here it is so far, well actually I have another shirt almost done, I am working on the diagonals now.  
Today Gwen went to a birthday party.  She came home looking like this.  I don't know if you can see the jewels on her face. 
She wanted to look like a fairy princess!  By her account she had a very good time.  They had a clown who did a magic show (with a BUNNY!), balloon things and obviously face painting.  The lady had quite the skills! 

No comments: