Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, E!

Today is the husband's birthday. I would like to start this post out with all the things that drive me crazy about him...ok I really don't have anything terrible to say about him on his birthday, he's a nice and supportive and a good father. Without him I wouldn't be where I am today, literally and figuratively. ;) We are incredibly proud of the progress he has made in school. The kids love him dearly and hide from him every night when he comes home. Seriously, mid-sentence, they will stop what they are doing and run when they hear the garage door go up. Nate starts checking the garage around 4 some days. Sadly we don't have much planned for him, but he keeps telling me that is how he wants it, nothing special.
But, I will take this time to update you on the quilt progress...I don't know if you remember Eric's t-shirt quilt project I started last year. I actually finished the front of it for Eric's birthday last year.
I started quilting it sometime last winter, but haven't gotten very far because, well I have to do it by hand and I am not quilting it in a traditional manner because the bottom is so thick, so it might take me the rest of my natural life, since I only do it in the winter when it is cold. I have so far "quilted" the Alabama t-shirt and have started the 2 under, can you see it?
I took a close up picture so you can see. I did the Alabama t-shirt in the no symbol...Eric was not pleased about that, but seriously, I am quilting it and I don't like them. For the quilting of the rest of the squares I am doing a wavy pattern which I traced onto paper and then hold it on the quilt and draw it on in water soluble ink, I think you can see that light blue line on it.
Here's part of the back, I think you can see the pattern on the blue section...you could probably see it better if I pulled it taut, sorry about that.
So, sometime in the next 100 years we will have a really warm quilt made out of Eric's favorite t-shirts, that he and about 15 people can use to keep them warm...I am feeling the need to find a quilting bee!
Happy Birthday! We love you!

No comments: