Thursday, May 06, 2010

STRAWBERRIES!!

In case you don't know, I LOVE strawberries. I love blueberries too, but since it is currently strawberry season, I am going to only think about my love for the strawberries! Last weekend I dragged my family to the strawberry festival, fun, lots of strawberries to eat and little activities for the kids. Today I dragged the kids to a strawberry field! I think they had fun. Gwen did a great job picking, Nate on the other hand, not so much, I threw his strawberries out, he picked some, but then just started eating them and putting them back in his basket, the parts that he didn't eat. ICKY! It was super hot out today so we only stayed about an hour. I kept trying to talk Gwen into leaving, but she wasn't having it, she loved it. I took some pictures and did yet another slide show...


Gwen and I made strawberry-rhubarb bars and I think I am going to make a pie/tart, I haven't decided yet...I am also going to make some jam and who knows whatelse. The bad thing about picking strawberries as opposed to blueberries is that I don't think they are as easy to freeze so I have to use them up quickly. I am so glad we moved to an area that has strawberries to pick!!! I am also happy that when we went up to pay the lady was pleased that Nate was covered in strawberry juice. She says that is what the owner always likes to see, now I feel bad for telling Gwen she couldn't eat them until after we paid for them, but who knew she would choose this time to listen to me...

No comments: