Thursday, October 25, 2012

4 months

The princess is now 4 months old!   Ok, the second princess, Gwen gets mighty offended if I call her princess, but fortunately I happened upon a book at the library called The Second Princess and just have to remind her that 2 princesses are ok, she is still the first princess.  Ah, the joys of multiple children!  Back to Rachel...
Our happiest baby, that I recall.  I don't really remember Nate as happy, just cuddly, Gwen as crying, so currently happiest baby.  She smiles a lot and giggles, and is officially rolling over front to back and back to front.  Sometimes she rolls over if you lay her down for her nap (as you see above) and has actually fallen to sleep on her belly, but I did not get a picture of that.  (I didn't want to wake her while I searched for the camera, Nate was home, need I say more?)  This is also making the diaper changing a bit more challenging, since she is mostly laying on her side when I am trying to get the diaper off and on. 
She is currently drooly, a finger sucker and has a runny nose.  Whether she is sick or teething we will never know.  But, she doesn't seem to mind the bulb as much, I mean sometimes she lets me without screaming...not without wiggling. 
She LOVES watching things, is very distracted by everything and likes to look around.  She just watches and watches and this complicates the "schedule" (ha, schedule, I crack myself up!)  Unless she yawns, it is hard to tell when she is tired, she doesn't just nod off to sleep, she just kind of stares into space and you think, gosh, is that it, time for bed? 

She is a chatter, she just starts babbling on and on, but she usually only does it at home and it is often a sign that she is ready for sleep.  Which is hard to reconcile, because it is so cute and I just want to chat with her...see here.(sorry about the fuzziness, the boy may have been taking pictures and I might not have realized that his finger print was on the lens until after I started the video)(this video might be too boring for anyone but my Mother and Mother-in-law! I hope they enjoy it.)

She is almost ready to sit up and is starting to grab stuff with her hands and bring it to her mouth.  She's not real good at it yet, she's at that hilarious point where you can see her trying desperately and then her hands/arms not totally following the directions her brain is telling them to do.  Fortunately she doesn't get frustrated, she's more nonchalant about it, like oh well, I've still got my fingers.  Now me leaving the room, that is another story.  She seems to not like it when I walk out of eyesight these days, fabulous, isn't a little early for separation anxiety?  With the kids and/or husband around this isn't a problem, but I was just getting used to dashing off to the potty, by myself, oh well.  I guess that was a short-lived dream come true! 

Overall we have a pain in the tail screaming infant, that is turning into a pretty fun contented baby!  Yay Rachel! 

No comments: