Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Hi October!

I have a bunch of pictures that I loaded into a slide show, we have taken some pictures and haven't posted them, so I loaded them up! Here you go, enjoy! In other news, Rachel is now 3 months old, the kids have been in school for 6 weeks now. I think we are settling into the routine and getting used to waking and sleeping times. I don't know for sure, but we might be getting the hang of school, a newborn and car pool. Nate loves school and comes home very excited and full of information. He gives us so much more information than "I forget girl". Gwen loves 1st grade and she is becoming quite the reader. Of course, she won't admit she's a good reader, but occasionally she will read something that surprises me. And on our 36 hour trip to Maryland this weekend, she kept reading Eric's speed limit, which was hilarious because it annoyed Eric. (yes, I know this is a number but we have been working on those also). Rachel is turning into a better baby, not a good baby yet, still a little fussy. Of course, she puts on a good show for others. This weekend in Maryland at a restaurant the waitress asked if I wanted to give her applesauce, since she was a little fussy. I was a little surprised and said no, she's not old enough to eat solids and she said oh, really how old is she? I told her 3 months and she said "wow, she's a big baby". Thanks lady. She is smiley and started laughing the day after she turned 3 months. She has fabulous double chins that really come out when she smiles. She still hates tummy time, but we think she is close to rolling over, this is our next goal for her...hahaha! Gwen and Nate both rolled front to back at 1 month, so we are trying to adjust to a baby that isn't super far ahead in gross motor skills. I wonder if that is any indication of how she is going to be on the rest of the gross motor skills. She is an adorable baby who seems to love her brother and sister and often follows them. She is starting to vocalize which can be very useful, say when you want Nate to stop squeezing her and you can tell him those noises means to "LET HER GO!"

No comments: