Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beaches

A couple weeks ago I found out we had "beach" around here. There is a big lake here and I don't know if the sand is naturally occuring there, but it was there and we were there and we had a good time. The water was probably about 80 deg, perfect for me, growing up at the Gulf, but my girlfriend that was there thought it was too hot, not even refreshing, the kids and I loved it. Sadly it took out a pair of swim shoes I had for 10 years or something, sure it isn't that sad to most of you, but I start at the pool next week, what I am going to do. So, here are some pictures of the kids getting ready to go to the "beach".
Gwen was a little freaked out about going into the water and drowning, fortunately we had this swim suit with the floaties in the drawer still. She felt much better.
We packed a lunch and ate after we played in the water. The kids had a great time, Nate didn't really want to get into the water, he sat on the edge and played with the toys.
Gwen was all in. She loved it!

It was a little challenging to bring the kids to the beach by themselves, because they both wanted to do different things. But, we all survived and had a good time. It was a good dry run for our next beach trip. One of our friends from Huntsville was going to the beach for the holiday weekend (4th of July) and asked if we'd like to join them. We said YES! It was theoretically a 3.5 hour drive, I won't go into why we won't ever know how long it was! But needless to say we all had a great time and are thankful for the opportunity to see our friends. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of us all together, apparently because we were having too much fun to pull out the camera! Seriously, the kids loved the beach and the water (the Atlantic, cooler than the lake!) The kids learned to jump the waves and play in the sand and have some fun...here's a slide show from the beach trip.

No comments: