Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

For Valentine's day this year we decided to bake cookies for Daddy. I thought I would do this on Thursday, I don't know why, I had a 99deg fever, but for some reason felt like we should make cookies? Eric had an after work obligation, so maybe I thought I'd have more time. Sadly, when I made this decision, I had no idea that SOMEONE had used up almost all the FLOUR and the SUGAR! So I had to improvise, and well, it made for quite the interesting problem. First off, I used some wheat flour, second I left dough in the refrigerator too long, although I imagine that might have had a lot to do with the wheat flour than with the time. Also I might have forgotten to add all the wet ingredients before the dry ingredients, oh well, you have kids, things happen! I had already told the kids that I was going to have the help me roll out the dough, sadly Mommy didn't realize it would be too hard and not really stick together. Fortunately, Daddy doesn't really care about such things. And the cookie still taste the same. So lesson learned, spend more time discussing with husband how not to use up the baking supplies before "holidays" fake or not...
Today we were set to decorate and Nate was acting pretty tired/sickly he laid down in his bed and went to sleep. Sadly it was at 3:30, but he only slept 2 hours and since he was sickly, appeared to go back to bed on time-ish. Gwen and I decorated the cookies by ourselves. I will let you determine who made which ones. I decided to do Mexican for dinner tonight, not even Eric's favorite or anything, but I knew the kids would eat burritos/taquitos I fancied ours up a bit. And then for dessert I made panna cotta. It was pretty good. Here is the slideshow:

Eric asked me today, if I was completely on the mend, I told "well, when you don't have any backups you gotta get better", he thought I had looked in the mirror and willed myself better, as per my Dad's advice, who knows, it might have been both. So after 3 days of a low grade fever and hardly eating solids, I am back in the swing of things, the kids are starting to get sick, possibly. Hopefully some good nights sleep for them will get them on the path to recovery.

No comments: