Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Bowling!

We have been burning up the Groupons lately, we got one for 2 hours of bowling.  Since Eric can't allow something like that to burn a whole in his pocket we went this weekend.  I was thinking of waiting until after the new baby came, which would have been easier and less exhausting for me, but Eric wasn't on the same page.  I think the manager was concerned I was going to go into labor.  The kids had a great time.  They used the ramp for most of the time and they even put up the railings for us also.  Let's just say we all did rather well. 




We made it through 2.5 games, by the end we were all pretty much done, Eric kept asking if we wanting to leave, but I paid for 2 hours, I was staying.  Nate was more interested in the video games than the bowling and I was pretty sore and exhausted, but it was great fun and I am glad we did it.  We also took some hilarious video. 
This is Gwen at the beginning, I can't remember if this is where she tries to kick her leg back or not, but man the kid is observent and by the end she wasn't using the ramp at all...

Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.

We gave both the children the rules of the alley...first wait until the guy in the next lane goes before you bowl and for Nate I added a special rule, don't dance in the lane, come back over the line...sometimes we had to remind him, sometimes we didn't!

Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.

Gwen's spare, the little kid beat me the first game, but I beat her the second and third game. 

Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.

Unfortunately Eric had to do some trick shots, and some "granny" bowling, which meant Nate had to bowl Granny style...Eric had to go up and help him though.  I should mention the lady only had to come over once to recover a ball that didn't make it all the way down the lane! 

Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


This, I think, is the funniest video from the day.  Gwen decided to bowl without the ramp, and it I think is funny.  She is so cute and after the first time she tried it I recommended a little swinging of the arm. I'd like to call this one, "look Ma, no ramp!"

Untitled from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


No comments: