Friday, June 29, 2012

Rachel's hospital bath

Another difference between this hospital and the last was that they waited until the baby was at least 6 hours old before they gave Rachel her bath.  I thought it would be fun for the kids if we waited for them to be there before she got the bath.  So, late in the day, almost evening of Rachel's first day she got her first bath.  This has to have been the craziest thing I have ever seen.  The aide put down a paper sheet thingy that was to soak up the water in her bassinet. 
She kept squeezing water on Rachel from the wash cloth and then she would wash her. 


I think you can see it here in this picture, the inside of the bassinet is soaked with water. 
Gwen was the ever patient watcher.  Once Nate was sure Rachel wasn't crying out of stress, he just sat back in my lap. 
I can't remember what they were talking about here, but it sure looks interesting. 

Wet and angry, see the water?


Finally hair washing. 
We apparently didn't take any pictures of the clean baby, I think it ended up being time to eat and the kids left shortly after that, Nate possibly traumatized for life.  Gwen happy to help with bath #2! 

No comments: