Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Desperation

So this afternoon, in desperation I put Gwen in her crib with one of her new dogs. I was so exhausted and trying to stay awake but I thought, if I could get a short nap that would be safer than falling asleep on her. She cried for a couple minutes and then conked out for 2.5 hours and then tonight I put her in her crib awake, still no crying, has that been the secret that I have been missing? Gwen needs something to sleep with, that she loves like a stuffed toy? But now have I started a trend that could put me in a home...making sure we always have the dog? I guess that is not so bad, but maybe I should have checked to see how much space it was going to take in a suitcase first? I shouldn't get so excited, these things that help Gwen sleep only work for a couple days before they flake out. Eric says maybe she hasn't spent the whole time sleeping, maybe she spent some time wake just hanging with the puppy, I don't care she was quiet and I got a nap, she probably would have slept longer, but I opened her door so she wouldn't sleep through dinner, I hope she is not getting sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should try a stuffed toy as well. I have a lamb blanket she sleeps with and she likes to play with her mirror. I might tryt he stuff toy thing and see where that takes me, maybe past 5:50 AM.

Tati