Monday, July 02, 2007

Toddler

For a while now I have been avoiding the truth...I have a toddler! Until I had Gwen, I never really realized what that means, I kind of expected that was a child much older than Gwen is now. She certainly has become more expressive now that she is walking, she is quite funny. She has learned how to turn on her Mobile in her room, this weekend I found her crying in her crib with her Mobile playing. She is becoming less fond of things that talk to her, unexpectedly. We are gearing up for the big 1st birthday/1st birthday party next week. I have so much I should probably be doing, but for some reason I decided it would be a better idea to pull apart Gwen's curtains add a backer and then re-hang them. I have one curtain sitting in the sewing machine almost sewn. This in my naive mind will solve the problem of Gwen waking up at 6am, after all it is rather bright in her room so that must be why she is waking up. I actually have proof that this theory could be true, when it is cloudy she sleeps longer.
In the last couple of days I have realized that Gwen does understand me. I have always known that she understood me, but she always gives me a blank stare, many of you are probably thinking, I have seen that look before. Today at the place where we were getting our oil changed Gwen was wandering around the store, when I would say no ma'am the first 3 times, she came back in my direction and ignored what she was going to do, but then she would anticipate what I was going to say speed up her walk and giggle! Stinker. No more can I sit and read quietly in waiting rooms, well at least for a little while, since she is so new to this walking thing, she wants to do it EVERYWHERE. Today I brought a ball from her ball pit and she chased that around and walked around with it for 30 minutes!
So, here are some pictures. This one Eric took, I don't know why he actually took 2 pictures, this is the one he actually said, that is what I wanted. Since it seemed important to him, I thought I would post it...yes another baby eating picture.

Gwen and her ball toy, she loves this thing, and I don't think we have any pictures posted of her actually playing with this. She really loves it.




No comments: