Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A couple things

So, how's it going? We're fine, busy, feeling better and getting this house in order. Eric has been working hard, I have been taking the kids out, so he can work hard. I still seem to be pretty tired by the evenings, not tired enough to go to bed, but too tired to move. I have found that if I go to bed too early and I get awakened in the night I can't get back to sleep! I guess that must be why my Dad used to snooze on the couch before moving to the bed for his real sleep! (please excuse the mountain of laundry in my closet! Eric thought the kids were being cute, so he took some pictures.)
They were actually playing together, looking at the toy together, you know sharing, like they liked each other!
Nate is getting more and more into things, babies like him are why they invented baby locks! He is everywhere and he thinks when you move him from something he is not supposed to be touching while saying no, that is a fun game! Suffice it to say, it is not going well, this no thing! Gwen asked me today if I was going to put him into time out! He is a mad man, crawling around on the floor, he can really come after you quickly, I totally have to start cleaning, i.e. vacuuming and laundry while he is not around, he totally gets all up in my business, and have I mentioned, he doesn't really think no means "NO!" This is one of the toys I purchased that is one thing that would totally get put in the trash, but both kids love it! It has the most sensitive switch and it can be very LOUD. I tell you that is the worst thing about buying the kids toys used at these large sales, no perception of how loud something really is!


The problem with this toy, apparently Nate has figured out how to stand on it and I went to get a picture (like a good Mom!) and then he got excited I was taking his picture and fell down, and this is the picture I got! You can see, rather upset...
Gwen is still adjusting to the boundaries, she is really having a difficult time understanding that she isn't allowed to do something Nate is and she is trying to tell him what to do and take stuff from him. I do have a funny story about Gwen, have I mentioned that she is a mimic? Well the other day we were at Barnes & Noble and Gwen had me help her take off her jacket and then she picked up a "baby" and lifted up her shirt to nurse and then put her jacket over the baby. The reason why this was funny, is because there was a someone in the store nursing her baby! She's never actually tried to publicly nurse a "baby".
The other day I took Gwen outside to distract her from the fact that she wanted to be with Daddy while he was trying to work. She seems to have figured out how to blow bubbles without actually trying to drink the liquid; a big step!

No comments: