Friday, May 05, 2006

Now would be a good time to take up drinking...

if I didn't have a baby in my belly! I tell you I am at my wits end about this project I am working on. How come whenever I do the procedure everything looks peachy keen, but when I try to transfer it to someone else it looks like poop! WHY DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO DO PCR? I took several days to talk to you about it, gave you a detailed procedure and followed you like a puppy dog while you followed the procedure. Why won't it work? Why can't I come up with a solution? I have heard that some people either like to cook or bake. I have never understood that because I can and I like to do both. It doesn't make any sense to me, many of the things in science are like cooking/baking. If you follow the directions to the letter they work. Sometimes you can make little adjustments along the way and things work out better. I always follow the directions the first time you try something the first time exactly as it is written, the second if you see fit is when you should make adjustments.

  • I am not sure if the person I am working with just can't do PCR, I have heard there are people who can't
  • I am not sure if she is not listening to me, I can not be a fly on the wall
  • I am not sure if someone else who doesn't know jack about PCR is influencing her,

I suspect it is a combination of the 3. What am I supposed to do, my trainee is on vacation next week, this project is supposed to launched the week after that and if I can't get her to consistentally do this, then what can I do? AHHHHH! I think my only option is to go home and drink, but sadly it isn't an option I can actually follow through with, so what is left for me to do?

No comments: