Sunday, May 21, 2006

Life SUX

I haven't writen to this blog in a while, mostly because I haven't had time. Things have been pretty crazy for us. My Dad has had a some heart problems, maybe some seizures, who knows. The point is he has pretty much been laying in a hospital bed since early Thursday morning without being awake. It has been a bunch of ups and downs for us. Eric and I flew down as soon as we got the news and got our act together. We have spent all of our time at the hospital, that we haven't spent at my parents house sleeping. It has been amazing watching and listening to the people who are friends of our family, people who my Dad has touched, who have taken off of work and just hang out at the hossy just to be with us and hear if we have any good news. We have one Dr telling us we have to wait 5-7 days before we can say for sure my Dad won't wake up. We have another Dr that tells us that 72 hours after the trauma if there is no response we have to make some decisions. Who the heck knows, all I know is this is very tough for my Mom, she feels like she did something wrong and she knows that she has to make the decision, but when is the right time to say that is it. We keep hoping that we see progress, but what the heck do we know, my Dad is only 57 and has never had any indication of heart problems. It really sucks. He has good color, and when he is 'resting', it is hard to see, because he just looks like he is sleeping and could wake up any minute. All I know is it sucks for my Mom, she has some people saying let him go and others who aren't ready to let go. How can she continue, I don't know, but I wish I could do more to make it easier for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»