Thursday, May 07, 2009

Swim lessons

Swim lessons are over now, which makes us sad. :( We love Miss Michelle. I think Gwen has made some great improvements, look at her, in the pool, without me...touching Miss Michelle! I can't believe it! These pictures are from a couple weeks ago. Here she is swimming with her little friend and some other girl. There are only 6 kids per class.
Gwen, messing around on the ramp, which she should not be doing! I think she is practicing "monkey walks".


Sitting on the steps, avoiding the splashes...seriously, if she was having a "cranky" day she would cry any time someone would splash her. I just wanted to say, seriously, you are in a pool and they are not drenching you, just little splashes, not even your face!
Here Gwen is doing her monkey walks, she loves those things and would probably do them around the whole pool...
getting out to jump in, Michelle teaches them how to pull themselves out of the pool using their upper body strength, straight up...I guess that is something they wouldn't do naturally.
JUMPING IN!
I don't know what is going on here!
I don't have any pictures of Nate in the pool, because I am in the pool with him. Needless to say he LOVES it! He just kicks and kicks. He also drinks some water, but really the thing he LOVES the most is watching me blow bubbles and trying to catch them, he just laughs and laughs. Completely different from his sister's first experiences, I had to devote whole blog entries to the lessons! I guess that is what happens when you have 2 everything is completely different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kids are enjoying it! :) I believe that Swimming classes should be something that a person takes up when young.