Sunday, June 10, 2007

11 months

Oh my goodness, only 1 month until Gwen is a year old! Can you believe it? I certainly can not. So, what is new this month. A lot! Gwen has learned how to go up the stairs. She is very good at it, we haven't taught her to go down yet, I am having a problem with that, she just wants to walk down the steps and it breaks into a big to do and her crying, fun!
Gwen is starting to take steps without Eric and I acting like fools trying to get her to walk from one of us to other (as you saw in the earlier videos!) Sometimes she doesn't realize she is doing it. She also LOVES to have socks in her hands. You can see her thought process, is whatever she is looking at better or more exciting than the sock then she drops the sock. But, sometimes she decides that she was wrong and I have seen her go back and forth between the objects several times crawling back and forth, quite funny!
We decided to put up the final baby gate because I ran up the stairs to get something this weekend, Gwen saw me from across the room and got up 2 steps by the time I get back down. I tried to keep Gwen out of Eric's way while he was working, but she just kept crawling back to him, so cute!
Gwen's eating habits have improved greatly. Although I am wondering if she is really my child. I mean if she didn't have my body and my personality, her eating habits certainly don't suggest she belongs to me. Eric even mentioned it today. Gwen doesn't like dairy...how could she be my daughter? And, she likes broccoli? I mean really! She does try a lot more food and will eat most of the baby foods out there, not the purees but the little more chunky ones (as long as they are not mac & cheese-doesn't she know my people are from the dairy state?)
Here's a party photo for you! Gwen is celebrating the fact that we no longer have a running toilet and terrible vinyl in the 1/2 bath. Of course we don't have any new tile in there yet, but hopefully by next weekend.
Gwen is getting 2 more teeth on the top, that brings the total to 4 on the top 2 on the bottom.
So, on the sleeping front, we are still working on going to sleep on her own. Some days it is good, some days it is bad. But we will see how it goes.

No comments: