Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Personality?

Today Miss Gwen woke up and has been squealing all day. She has been smiling at people and when she went to the WW meeting with me today she sat in the chair next to me and played with her toy and made Gwen noises. What are Gwen noises? Well, today they were just excited non-squealing noises, but just coos at her toys and just generally wanting people to know that she was talking. I would say she wasn't disruptive (thank goodness for the Mommy & Me meeting!) but she was just acting cute. This made me realize how different she is acting today from yesterday. When I tried to lay her down for her 11am nap, she was smiling, talking to me and just generally being sweet. I just thought she was being cute, trying to charm me into playing with her instead of taking her nap. Boy, was I wrong! She cooed and squealed in the crib for about an hour which then turned to crying. I realized then that she was in no mood to nap, so I got her up and played with her, 30 minutes later I tried again, it is now 3:30 and that was 3.5 hrs ago. I think she might already be converted to the 1 nap per day. It seems a little early for that, but that is way more convenient for me than a 2 a day nap, where we are chained to the house all day and only have 2 hour windows of outside time. I really would eventually like to make her bed time later so she can have more quality Daddy time, so we might go to a 2 nap thing again, but I am definitely more of a play it by ear kind of a Mom than a we must have a schedule, don't know if you noticed. :) Well, I hear some chatting upstairs, so I must go get the little one.
I am posting some pictures from yesterday's play session. I think it is fun to watch her get the toys out of this thing. She gets so determined and then bangs them and explores them. I guess one day she will learn how to put them back in the slots. I also posted another video.


















No comments: