Monday, November 19, 2007

The news

I have been rather languid/listless/lackadaisical..I can't think of the right word to explain how I feel about this pregnancy. It has been different than the first pregnancy, I have had more 'issues' with this pregnancy, some spotting and a bladder infection. I have never had a bladder infection in my life and the spotting, well, after some rest that has gone away. We have seen the 'blob' as it looks at 8 weeks and we have seen and heard the heartbeat, which is always cool! I was really nauseous before I started to spot and after that I haven't had morning sickness. In the recent week in the evenings, smells really bother me and then I do feel nauseous. So it seems that I have evening nausea. I am at 12 weeks, that funky stage were you are not yet showing, God willing it will be a while before I start showing! Unless you get sick, don't feel pregnant and sometimes forget that you are pregnant, which is not a complete surprise since I often forgot I was pregnant with Gwen even when I 9 months pregnant! Don't get me wrong, it is not that I am not excited about this pregnancy, I am, I just don't seem to get real excited about the pregnancy until I can see the 'bump' and/or feel movement. I guess because I didn't lose all the weight before this pregnancy I my stomach is still kind of flabby! I really enjoyed the tight belly, even as it poked out last time because I realized I will never me the kind of girl with a tight stomach and awesome abs, but with the pregnancy bump it didn't make me feel fat as it was rock solid!
Our current debate is whether or not to find out the sex of the baby. Eric I think wants to know the gender, I do not want to know. This poses a problem since I feel like its all or nothing, either we both find out or we don't. We do have about 8 weeks to decide what we are going to do. We currently have more people saying it will be a boy.
This year I will not be going all out for Thanksgiving. I will not be making a turkey and we probably will be going out. We had originally decided to re-tile the kitchen while Eric had some time off, but we haven't firmed up those plans. Manly, since we have no supplies for the kitchen redo, probably won't get done! We were invited to go places for Thanksgiving, but with Gwen's nap schedule, my pregnancy and just general life issues we decided to just hang as a family and try to find a restaurant or someplace that charges less than $60 for the meal with all the fixings! I mean that is what the holiday is about, family and giving thanks, which are things we can do without me stressing out and running around the kitchen like a chicken with my head cut off while Gwen hangs on my legs getting in the way/throwing all my cooking utensils and things out of the drawers.

PS I don't seem to have the energy to make up clever titles anymore, I apologize for what should be a very boring titles 7 months!

3 comments:

Aardvark said...

I often feel the same way...I told my doc that I felt guilty because I didn't "think" about the baby enough. He said who has time to think about anything with a toddler underfoot.
Just hang in there! Congratulations!

Melanie said...

Thanks! I am really glad that we are not moving...I know that would be worse. Will you be posting pics of the new place...now that you have moved in?

amyfruity said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for all of you....YAY! :o) :o) :o) :o) :o) :o)

I must also say I'm a little jealous....I can't wait to have another one. Yay yay yay for you! :o)