Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sleep

So, as I listen to Gwen babble to herself as she has done all week, I am beginning to wonder if she is needs a later nap time. This would be great for us! I think that means that we could have a slightly later lunch time and later nap time, which means we could do fun stuff in the morning. I could get more errands done after exercise class and it would make her less cranky in the evening. So, we will see how it goes. I usually put her down around 12 with lunch at 11am. Maybe we could try a 1p nap time. But, we are leaving for NM in 2 days so it probably a mute point, but interesting to think about!
I think we are about ready for the trip. We of course have not started packing, but I think I have most of the supplies we will need for Gwen. I am nervous about the plane ride and Gwen's overall need to explore and not really wanting to sit down. I am just hoping I am not kicked off the flight because she won't sit in our laps! Goodness, I just realized we leave Dulles at 7:30, CRAP that is early, well at least we won't have to leave earlier to avoid traffic. We have a rather long layover in Houston, but I hope that will give the munchkin time to run around. Any ideas on what do with her on the plane?

2 comments:

Rose Tyler said...

Hi Mel,

I have a couple of ideas for the plane ride. Gwen might be too little for some of this stuff, now that the Roy and Isabelle are older it is hard for me to remember that stuff.

I have heard the idea of wrapping some small toys and then when she is restless giving her a small toy to unwrap. You could wrap up a little matchbox car, or fisher price little people doll. I was never oganized enough to do this. But I thought it was a neat idea.

On our last plane ride I gave Isabelle a small thing of play-doh to play with, she loved it. It was not as messy as I feared. She also liked a little magnet dress up kit. And silly putty was a huge hit as well.

But, both kids had the most fun just drawing, or listening to me read a story, or read their own stories. They have colorless fingerpaints and markers that would not get on clothes, kids, parents or airplane.

Hope you guys have a fun, safe trip!

Love,
Julie

Melanie said...

thanks! My MIL suggested valium and a prayer, but I like your ideas better...the valium is for me!