Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas wrap-up

I know I have been pretty lax about posting around here, I am sorry about that, I don't know if it will get better or worse when Eric is unemployed! Hopefully it won't be worse, but you never know. I have barely been on the computer these days, the holidays kept me busy. I made at least 6 batches of toffee and 4 batches of peanut brittle, very time consuming. But, now that the holidays are over we might be able to get back to...well I guess we will get to our new normal, whatever that will be. Eric being home is going to mess up my schedule, but more on that later, this is the Christmas wrap-up, not the post about our changing lifestyle!
We had a very nice Christmas, we went to Mass on Christmas eve, it was a nice service, although I felt like it was rather short. That could be because I was dealing with 2 children (not alone mind you) that were too close to their bedtime. But, they were both remarkably good. With Nate we did the baby pass, just passing him back and forth, to keep him occupied and not squealing. Gwen spent Mass eating cereal. Grandmom splurged and got the giant Santa balloon for Gwen, not sure how Nate would take it. How do you think he liked it? He loves balloons! He kept squealing at it and it would pop away and then come back, he loved it!
Christmas morning, because our kids are so young and we were "out" late, the slept in, Merry Christmas to us!!! We didn't wrap everything, I just didn't think it was necessary to wrap the kitchen or the weeble wobbles...is it a bad sign I am already lazy? We had a hard time pulling Gwen away so she could open other presents!
Where's my toys Mom?
Action shot.
I got Nate some links, I always wanted to get them for Gwen and when I found a bunch of them for $1 I snatched them up!!!
Still distracted by the un-wrapped presents, BTW, did you know weeble wobbles go in the fridge.
Bath water colors! She wanted to open that up and fingerpaint.
Grandmom opening a present.
Gwen finally tearing into her presents.
Nate trying to tear into his presents.
This is later in the day, Eric is explaining to me his picture. Apparently Santa is at his retirement Villa in FL, next to my Mom's house. Seriously, see the "water" labeled as Ocean, will he never learn, I grew up on the Gulf side!!! It also says "Kathy's house"!
Grandmom and Nate after nap!
The kids at the kids table. Some friends from SS came over for dinner. We had a nice time, and I think so did the kids! Poor Katie kept tripping over the table cloth, and it became community plates, but they had a good time!
Nate at dinner. He had some banana.
This is from this morning. Gwen has been getting into chocolates lately, not as in liking them, that has never been a problem, I mean literally finding chocolate hidden in presents and stockings and eating it. Blast that girl...I guess that is good reason not to have chocolates in the house!
We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! We sure did!

No comments: