Saturday, December 06, 2008

A very naked week

It appears we are in the throes of potty training. Gwen has decided to start peeing on the potty, the only problem is if I put panties or the training pants on her she pees in them. She is beginning to understand the concept of holding it and when she has to go. Today she told me she had to go and was upset that her potty was upstairs (where she requested Eric carry her upstairs while she was on her potty, don't ask!) So I ran up and got her potty and she just stood there naked, waiting, when I brought the potty down and then she peed!!!!! So, as I have said before, she will train when she is ready. Eric thinks it is a little bizarre to let her run around naked, but it serves its purpose, whenever she feels the need to go she just runs over and goes! I hope the longer we get into this process the more clothes we will be able to put back on her.
For Christmas Eric and I received bikes, we also got a trailer for the kids and so we got a helmet for Gwen, it came with elbow pads and knee pads and the other day before I put her down for her nap she insisted I put them on her, I didn't realize our nap rituals were full contact activities where pads where necessary, but whatever. She did not sleep in them, but wore them throughout the night time ritual!
Here is a better picture of Nate's tooth.
The little man hates the eating, he gags himself and it is just a bad scene. Fortunately we go to the Dr this week for his 6 mon appointment and so I can discuss it with them. I don't know why he hates the food so. As much as he seems to love stuffing everything to his face you would think he would like the food, but maybe he just wants the real food and not the pureed stuff!
So to conclude, we have one naked dancing girl and one gagging baby. Party time! Today it is flurrying, outside and both kids are napping, and we both got to sleep in, but more on that in my next post!

No comments: