Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gwen

My almost 3.5 year old is going through a rather trying time, apparently. Eric says that he kind of feels like she has PMS. She is quite the emotional one these days. Some days I get this, where she is cooperative and sweet and will do what I ask with very little questioning...other days I get this, where she won't even turn around for the camera....I had to get the picture following this one on the fly, which is why it is so dark.
She is a study in contrasts, some times she's up, sometimes she's down. You never know which one you are going to get. Many things I wonder about...why is she sleeping on the floor?
Why does she refuse to nap, but anytime she sits still between 3-4 she falls asleep, like in my car, in the stroller, or next to me on the couch this afternoon. She is a mystery. It makes me think of a silly little movie that I saw where the character says "I love you, but I don't really like you very much right now". I love her dearly, but she makes me question my sanity.
Here she is climbing the rock wall at the local museum.
We have had some issue with Gwen and her peeing. Not really a problem so much, she just won't go as often as I should think she should, like 1-3 times a day, usually she doesn't pee until mid-afternoon. I had discussed it with the Dr at her 3yr appointment and she told me I should make a routine out of it, and I've tried, seriously, I've tried, but its been 6 months and I have to beg and plead with her to go, not worth it to me. I feel like at this point, I am just training her to go when I tell her, and not actually go when she needs to, so then if I forget one day to remind her she is going to have an accident, which I don't want to happen. So, I'm going to let her be for a while and go when she needs to, and see how it goes. Today she went during quiet time and she didn't flush "because it is so loud and she didn't want to wake anybody up"! She is so considerate. We have tried to night train, but we are staying up too late (E & I) so we aren't getting up the instant she gets up, which I think we are going to have to do to night train her. So as soon as we quit being lazy, that will go well, I am sure.

FYI-that little boy in the picture is not Nate! I took the kids to the Museum the other day on a Mom's group thing, they had enough members that we could get in for free. I haven't done anything else with these Moms because their activities are not convenient for me, and then Friday I hardly got to talk to any of them, but the kids had a super fun time, and that is all that matters!

No comments: