Saturday, December 19, 2009

Its not real snow

We have been kind of busy around here, I have been scouring to do the last minute Christmas things and making caramels. I have delivered candy to all of our neighbors. I've been busy, I tell you.
Today we went to a little shopping center with the kids, we didn't know anything about it, but we thought we'd give it a go because it was decorated pretty. It was a little hoity-toity for us, and mostly had place to eat and no shops. I tried to get pictures of the kids in front of the tacky decorations.
Well, Gwen cooperated for like a minute.
You might notice in those pictures there is snow. Apparently, if we wouldn't have moved from MD we would have gotten snowed in. Yesterday when it started snowing, I showed Gwen that it was snowing and she said "Mom its not real snow, it isn't on the ground and we can't play in it". So, last night we got some snow, that stuck to the ground, we bundled the kids up and took them outside to play.
You can see Nate really enjoyed himself, well I don't know if he really cared so much about it, he was trying to sneak around the car.
We could make snow balls, and then I tried to make a snow man, well, I succeeded in making a snow man, but then it was crushed by the children, who probably wouldn't have crushed it until Eric said something like Nate-chop! Which is Nate's newest trick, he loves to walk around and say "chop, chop" and then knock stuff over or hit things, great, thanks Eric!
A good time was had by all, we had hot chocolate after we came in and then I made caramel, which takes forever! It was a lot of stirring...

No comments: