Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A real snow day

The day after Christmas we got 6in of snow. It has been a little chilly since then, so the snow hasn't melted. The kids are really enjoying the snow, Nate still loves to eat the snow. Fortunately we had all these boxes laying around, the bat cave box is perfect for sledding, when you are 2 & 4! The waxy surface plus the place to put their feet, perfect! So we brought it out back and let the kids sled. Then we went for a drive and came back and realized there was a bigger hill that we could take the kids to, not far from the house. So, we walked over there and braved the big hill. Gwen loved it! For some reason Nate was not that interested in going down the big hill, I took him down with me a time or 2, and Eric took him and Gwen down, one at a time...we didn't get any pictures of that, but I am compiling a slide show of both hills.

I also took videos of the kids so my Mom could see them sledding, only in our back yard though.

Gwen sledding from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


Nate sledding from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


Gwen & Nate sledding from Melanie Ubil on Vimeo.


Looking back at the slide show I realize that Nate really doesn't know how to sled, he kept falling over or running into things, he didn't get hurt though. Although knowing what I now know about that boy, if he did get hurt I am pretty sure if he like it, he would still do it, getting hurt jumping on the bed has not stopped him from doing it...blast that boy!

No comments: