Sunday, December 09, 2007

Busy weekend

Thanks for your patience as I go through cranky periods and happy periods. Since I am not usually a crazed emotional basketcase, pregnancy is tough on me. I don't seem to have any other symptoms, I guess now is the waiting game until I start feeling movements. I will be 15 weeks tomorrow, so those kicks will probably coming sometime sooner than later. Does anyone want to bet if this child will a crazed mover and shaker like Gwen? I remember laughing when they handed me the kick card, to record movements...I mean really I could get 10 kicks in less than 10 minutes, much less an hour. That kid was always moving, and still is.
The week before last we decided to dress up the kids and take them to get their pictures with Santa, I had decided not to take Gwen to see Santa this year. I have heard from several sources, people with kids Gwen's age, that unsuccessfully did the Santa thing, and since I have decided it is not worth my aggravation I am not going to do the Santa picture this year. The Santa picture is not really my thing. But, since I thought she might actually sit there if there was a group of kids there what the heck. Well, our fearless leader didn't make it to class that day and all of us with the kids Gwen's age were like, maybe next time. But we did snap a couple of pictures of Gwen and her friend who looked a bit like twins, well as much as they could! The little girl in this picture is 2-3 months older than Gwen and likes to touch other kids eyes, ears and nose, you know the drill, so in the last picture her Mom said put your hands on your knees, and she did!




Thought you'd like to see the finished floor project. Look, my appliances are back where they belong! Does anyone else think I need to now get new cabinets!?
This weekend we are getting into the Christmas spirit, people around us have been decorating for weeks, I decided not to decorate until the kitchen/dining room was back to normal and we had some time, i.e. the weekend! We haven't started decorating yet, but Eric did pull out all the decorations, so that must be a sign that he is ready to move! He is almost done with his mantel project that he has wanted to do since we purchased the house. I will likely take a picture of that when he is done! This last week and weekend I have been working on baking! YUM! I have a cookie exchange/contest, that I feel that I am going to win for my category, I made 2 batches of toffee and they are both yummy! I also decided that we are going to start the tradition of making a Gingerbread house, why I don't know, but it is something that Eric said he did as I kid, so I thought might be nice to incorporate something from his childhood into our new family traditions. Last year for Christmas I received a Gingerbread 3D cookie templates. As you can see I have made a sleigh, snowmen, reindeer and trees, (the picture is pre-baked cookies!) I also purchased a pre-made gingerbread house this year, I wanted to test the waters before I go all gung-ho this year. I told Eric that I think I would need some kind of cookie cutter or something to make a gingerbread house, he doesn't think so, but I should think that life would be a lot easier if I had some sort of pattern since the house kind of has to fit together. We'll see how it goes tonight, we have a lot of decorating to do! Maybe I will even post the whole Christmas scene when we get it done! I guess it depends on how the decorating goes!
I hope that everybody had a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

I know that Pampered Chef used to make a Gingerbread House mold. It was a baking stone. I actually have one with the intent of making a hosue at Christmas... I never used it. If you lived closer I would send your way... You can probably find one cheaper somewhere else but if all else fails you can try Pampered Chef. I am sure they have a website.
Jen

Melanie said...

Thanks Jen! Pampered chef, thanks I'll look that up...I am sure between now and next Christmas I will be invited to someone's Pampered Chef party!