Thursday, December 06, 2007

I'm free

In more than one sense I am free these days. I am no longer nursing Gwen and it seemed to go better than expected. She doesn't seem to notice really, so I am pretty happy about that. She sometimes takes longer than usual to go to sleep i.e. yesterday's nap 2hrs, but that is really the exception and there are other factors that influenced yesterday, I think. We'll get to that later. This means I am now able to leave the house at anytime without freaking about being home to take care of Gwen.
I am also free of doing Jury duty for 3 years unless I get called up for the feds...which I suspect will happens, since most people I know have never had to do jury duty and this is my 3rd time! Damn that moving all the time.
So, let's talk about yesterday and today! Ugh, what a crazy 2 days. Yesterday as I mentioned it was snowing all day, still snow on the ground, don't know about the pictures, maybe I will get to those soon, but Gwen looked really funny in her snowsuit from Kaelyn, it is a 24 month model and although Gwen is in 18 month clothes and all 24 is still too big. I am not sure how she could move. But I digress, yesterday after lunch as I was emptying the last box for the pantry...yes folks we moved everything back into the kitchen!...Gwen was playing with this shopping cart that I received as a shower present when Eric and I got married, it is metal and small, so I should have probably known better, but apparently I didn't. Next thing I know she is screaming. It appears she tripped came down on the handle and got the bridge of her nose, it is swollen and black and blue and has a cut on it. Poor kid!
This morning we had Gwen's pictures for Christmas taken, I had schedule the appointment days ago, and I was debating whether or not I should just cancel, but then I spoke to my Mom and she suggested makeup! GENIUS! So, this morning for some reason Gwen is crying at 5:30am, I don't know why. After 30+ minutes I went in and checked on her, I don't know what was bothering her, I gave her some tylenol and a little bit of food and drink and read a book and put her back to in her crib and she slept until 8:30. Schools were closed this morning, which meant that we didn't have class this morning, so sleeping in was ok! We were outside getting the car ready so we could leave and Gwen feel a couple times on her butt, nothing new. So I put her in the car and she started crying. I thought it was because she was cold, so I drove off, well crying turned into screaming and she threw up. GREAT! So, I finally found a place to pull off, clean her up and got back on the road. Then I get onto the highway and the road is backed up, all the way...ugh this is not rush hour, 10:30 in the morning, so why are we backed up...rubbernecking. AHHH! So, I run into the store, I still had to buy the makeup and apply and I had left 30+ minutes early, it is a 15 minute drive and I think I ended up being 5 minutes late, which appeared to be ok since they seemed a little behind. I had time to apply the makeup and get her pictures done, even though she was difficult, she was not so fond of the flashing lights and was not really in the mood. Although I am not sure if any day would be a good day to get her pictures made.
So, maybe, just maybe I will be able to get some Christmas cards out before Christmas. I won't make any guarantees, 'cause lets face it anything can happen between now and then. I think Gwen and I are going to go out and play in the snow again. She really enjoyed watching the neighbor boy jump over the snow banks.
Seems that I am too tired and lazy to keep up Gwen's blog, I know that at least 2 people read it, but it doesn't appear anyone else has any interest. I am not saying that I am going to give it up, I am not sure that I am even saying that I am going to take a break, I just want to apologize to my 2 readers that look forward to the posts and pictures. Maybe I will get in a better mood about posting, you never know what tomorrow brings!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I found her blog from a comment you posted on the Burkes! Your Gwen is just too cute! I have two little girls - 2 and 1. I can so relate to your "I'm Free" post, as I am still nursing my 13 month old! Good luck with the pregnancy!

Beth Lamb said...

Hi Melanie.
I hope you can keep this blog going. I read it and enjoy it too. I think that both children will enjoy reading it when they get older to see what they did when they were little. If you could keep it going it beats the baby book idea in that you actually have posted to it. I imagine those friends that are new parents with whom you have shared your site reap benefits from reading as well.

I guess you have heard that Beth and Brian have a new little boy. He is a cutie too.

Good luck with this pregnancy. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! I imagine that Gwen will be old enough to appreciate the decorations this year. The boxes will still be the highlight of her Christmas toys though. We got a large cardboard box and decorated it like a house with cut out windows, etc. and both girls enjoyed playing in that the most. Your couch cushion tent is a great idea too.

Love to you all,
Beth Lamb

Melanie said...

Thanks Parmers and Beth! Parmers-good luck 2 girls about a year apart! Beth, I will keep posting, this pregnancy can make me rather cranky, I don't know why!