Sunday, December 23, 2007

No pictures, just words

There comes a point in your married life when you wonder, how did I get to this place, what is my husband thinking and even scarier wondering if somehow Christmas has caused your husband to turn into your Dad! Usually while I am at Church Eric and Gwen head to the stores, they often head to Target, Borders and/or Home Depot, b/c all these places are in one spot. We are down to 1 car since about Thurs, so, Eric and Gwen were kind enough to drive me to Church before heading out for their adventures at Target. Eric picks me up from Church and is SUPER excited...almost bursting at the seams. Come to find out he went down the Christmas aisle, which was having a 30% off sale and get 90ft of lights. Every year my Dad would come home with more lights from the after Christmas sale, to decorate the outside of the house, 'cause you know that some of strands won't work next year...and there is something else you can always decorate next year! So it appears sometime today Eric will be taking 90ft of lights outside to decorate the outside of the house. Now, I don't know if it was the idea of the sale, my Mom sending us one of Dad's outside timers or watching National Lampoon's Christmas last night that has inspired Eric, but maybe I will take some pictures later so you can see his handiwork.
We decorated Christmas cookies yesterday with the help of the Godfather, but I didn't get any pictures of that either, he put everything away before I take pictures, and I am not pulling all the cookies out. Suffice it to say, Gwen REALLY enjoyed the cookie process, she had no desire to decorate the cookies, she just enjoyed sitting in Eric or my lap and stealing cookies to eat. Let us just say she was hyped up, running back and forth between the kitchen and dining room, 'jumping' and acting all kinds of crazy! I don't know if words can describe her actions, but I know the 3 of us will think back about it and laugh!

No comments: