Monday, December 17, 2007

Pictures I should have uploaded before

As I have said before Gwen is starting to become more interactive with people that aren't Eric or myself. Last week the godfather came over to work on a project with Eric. One of the pictures is blurry, I apologize for that, it is becoming increasingly difficult to take pictures of a moving target!


Since the godfather came over Gwen has been playing with cars a rolling them around to Daddy, never to me, but to Eric she will. I don't know why. Gwen is a piece of work these days. I forgot to mention she now growls at us. I am still working on helping her work out her frustration when Mommy/Daddy tells her no. Apparently I need to let her win sometimes; I know this is just another way to say pick your battles, but Gwen is a good kid generally and we don't often do things that I can let her "win" at in my estimation.
Eric will be at a class in VA for the next 4 days. He says that it gets out at 4 and he could be home at 6...we can only hope. It all depends on traffic, something we are not used to depending on. He was up at 5am and was kind enough to wake up Gwen, accidentally of course, I obviously wasn't going to get her from her crib at 5 am, but she fell back to sleep at about 6:30, but by then I was already awake and so I got her up for class at 8am. Needless to say the poor child is exhausted, but she is so exhausted she isn't actually going to nap today...GREAT! I guess I should have put her down early, but you never know if that is going to work, sometimes that backfires also. UGH, children!
We have the tree up, Eric put up some lights and wants us to decorate, but I am not sure that is such a good idea this year. She already took one of the decorative balls and started throwing it on the ground like it was one of her balls she plays with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,

I could add a link to your blog from mine. Can you tell me how? Or maybe you dont want a link on mine..

:) Jen

Melanie said...

Hi Jen-
Sure link our website! When you log in and get to the 'dashboard' click on settings, then click on the 'template' tab you should be able to 'add a page element' then click on 'link list' and when the screen pops up just add a title (I call mine links) and my website url and a site name. they have a bunch of cool things you can add. Make sure to save it. If you have any questions you can email me. mjonaip@yahoo.com
Mel