Thursday, December 20, 2007

Melmo!!!!

So tonight we had dinner with Elmo, better known as "Melmo". Today randomly Gwen said "Melmo bo" I can only assume she meant Elmo book cause she was actually holding her Elmo book. I knew this was probably a bad idea because as many of you know that Gwen's bedtime is 7p, we are usually done with dinner by 6-6:15 and in bed by 7. This place was not far from our house, so we thought what the heck, a couple other Moms from the exercise group were going with their families, so what the heck. Well, our reservation was at 6, we didn't leave until 8:00, because we couldn't find the waitress to get the check. I HATE that! To me when people have kids you need to be on the ball and get the check out ASAP! Dude, it is hard enough to keep a kid from freaking out during dinner, much less when you are waiting for the check and there is nothing else to do. Anyhoo, the OTB (off the track betting) had closed down the betting and had the whole place done up for Christmas. We tried to get Gwen to say hello to the Grinch, or Elmo or Santa, but not so much!



I love this picture, this is Gwen's friend Katie and it seems that she is getting ready to give Gwen a hug after the traumatic Santa incident!
This is the end of the night after dinner as you can see, Gwen has pretty much lost it and just wants to nap on Daddy. She did enjoy the cookie though!!
We are all exhausted, I think Eric is still exhausted from his treks down to Alexandria. While the decorated the restaurant nicely, the place still recked of smoke. ICK! I thought all of MD was going smoke free restaurant wise, but I hear that it is Baltimore and not MD, I don't really know for sure since I don't really watch the news, all I can say is I hope they do go smoke free! Good night!

1 comment:

Beth said...

What fun! My little girl, Bella (2) was sitting at the table when she saw Elmo on the computer screen. She promptly got down and came to the computer and said "oh Elmo!" On another note - I totally stole your Pebbles idea and put Brooklyn's hair up this morning! I'll post pics on our blog later!

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and that you don't mind me lurking and commenting on your blog!
~Beth~