Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary

I've always been a little confused, is the 7 year itch start in your 7th year of marriage or after you've been married 7 years? It isn't actually a burning question or something I think of a lot, but when I think of our 7th anniversary I wonder what the 7th year itch is all about and why the phrase came about. We got a check in the mail today, wohoo!, so we decided to go to dinner with the kids. We don't go out to eat all that much anymore. Eric teasingly mentioned Taco Bell and well we should have probably went with that instead of his first choice! His first choice was a Thai/Sushi place that although the food was good (except they didn't give us rice with our entree and they don't appear to have sushi anymore) took FOREVER! Seriously, we walked in, no one else in there, they sat us, took our order and we SAT for 20+ min waiting for our food...and that was just for the appetizer, we had to wait another at least 10 minutes for our food food and we ordered the kids soup and that came LAST! UGH! What was really the last straw was when the people who walked in 15-20 minutes after us got their food before we got our appetizer! Man was I ticked...seriously if you aren't ready to feed people especially people with 2 young kids PLEASE let them know! We'll come back on a different day, but now we aren't going to go back at all!
Anniversaries don't seem to be that big of a deal around here, they really have never been, with either of us. I think that's a good thing. Not to say we don't think about it but I am honestly so confused I thought our anniversary was tomorrow. I thought the 28th was tomorrow...which once you get the day wrong in your head hard to get it right and celebrate. My Mom says its important to celebrate so we did go to dinner and I made us an anniversary pie (Apricot/peach) and we hung out and talked...I skipped the gym. I guess a nice day overall. It would have been even nicer had Nate not disturbed our sleep last night...I can honestly say I feel no itch and am content to live out the rest of my days with Eric, even though he can drive me crazier than I ever thought possible. He's a great Dad and husband, what more could a girl ask for?

1 comment:

Mommy Daisy said...

That's so sweet! Happy Anniversary! Ours is a month from today, but we celebrate about like you do. Nothing too exciting. We just enjoy each other's company. And we're well past the 7 year part, and I never felt the itch either. ;)