Sunday, June 27, 2010

VBS

aka Vacation Bible School. So I found out our Church was doing the VBS and I thought this would be a good experience for Gwen, it is at her school for next year, so she'd be familiar with it, I'd be there but I didn't volunteer to be her teacher, so she could get used to a morning program and if I volunteered she and Nate could go for free...win-win! What I didn't realize is I couldn't handle the whole process! And I don't actually mean the leaving the kids part, I mean the guy that was in charge, although he is a great guy, organizationally he is challenged and stuck me out to dry! Sure, I signed up for the 6-7-8th graders, but seriously, the guy gave me no guidance and did everything last minute. I went a little crazy and told him I needed more guidance. He kept telling me that he just couldn't find the volunteers and he was sorry but there was nothing he could do. I am sorry, but I suspect he doesn't get the volunteers because he is so challenged organizationally! I can't imagine that I am the only person that would have liked more information.
But, the kids did great. Well, Gwen did great, I couldn't be more proud of her, sure she broke down a little most afternoons when she saw me and wouldn't participate, during the goodbye stuff, but she got up on that stage Thurs night and performed! I had no idea what to expect, but she did the motions and still sings the songs. So cute! Nate has pretty much lost the will to live, at least I suppose he has because 2 nights of the last 4 he has been up in the middle of the night and wouldn't go back to sleep! I am looking forward to getting him back on schedule so we can sleep through the night again.
My kids the middle schoolers were pretty good kids. They got along pretty well and one of the days thanked me and told me his son had the best time at this camp! I was shocked to hear it because I wouldn't have expected that out of him, but glad to hear they all had a good time. I was saved by my new friend from Church, she's a teacher and helped me the first 2 days and helped me plan the whole week. There was a definite difference when she was there, she just exudes the control, I apparently do not. Fortunately one of the girl's Dad was able to step in the other 3 days so I didn't have to teach on my own.
Eric took pictures and video of the concert. I uploaded the pictures into a slide show for you, pretty boring, I'll upload the video later, I know Mom is dying to see it. Gwen was quite cute, if I do say so myself. I was so proud of her. We got a CD of the music from camp, her song isn't on it, but that hasn't stopped us from listening to the "Jesus songs" in the car (as Nate says when he requests songs). Any how that is now over and on to the rest of the sweltering summer activities!

No comments: