Thursday, October 05, 2006

Birthday

Today is my birthday. It has a been an interesting year; I have had some highs and lows. Things have changed in ways unimaginable. For the past several years I have had many changes in my life, married, child, moved, and death. I wonder if the coming year will have many changes; will it be a 'slow' year with no changes. Will I ever adjust to not talking to my Dad anymore? As far as birthdays go, is there any year to look forward to after 21? I mean I know that people make big deals for years ending in 0s after 21. At my age, I don't really think my birthday means that much anymore. I guess that probably has something to do with the fact that to me my birthday is just like any other day. Just people sometimes pay more attention to you and send you card and presents. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the present part!) With my aunt being here I see how different families have different traditions, all week it was about me and what I wanted, to eat and whatever else I wanted. It is kind of fun to have a free pass for several days, could I get used to that every year, maybe, it could probably make up for the lack of exciting birthdays coming up in the near future.

No comments: