Friday, October 13, 2006

Busy

So, things have been rather busy around here. We are re-adjusting to life as a SAHM. Now, if I could just get her to stop screaming! Ok, maybe she doesn't scream all the time, only when she needs a nap and she doesn't always scream, she just cries incessantly, it is a test of wills, who can last the longest. Gwen is currently winning, but I know I will eventually win it is just going to take some time. I will admit my bad habit of letting her sleep while eating are beginning to come back to haunt me. I didn't know that it would become such a problem. They say n the first 6 months you can't spoil a child, so what is going on here. I guess it wouldn't be such a problem if I had some faith in myself. In the beginning I doubted myself because you never truly know how much food the baby is getting. I had some doubts especially after that un-supportive Dr's visit. And, I was in such a state of depression I couldn't listen to her cry and sleeping while eating/in my arms made her stop crying. So, I did what I could to keep me sane, but it is working against me! Gwen, the little stinker, knows that I will pick her up. Previously I would let her cry for 10 minute, today we almost tripled that amount of time, still no napping. It started to be time for her to eat, so what did she do, fall asleep. So the question is let her sleep in my arms or put her down, she will just start crying immediately and I still won't get anything done. But, I got that shower in, made some phone calls & plane reservations!
Yesterday, we went to get pictures made. Unfortunately, we had a newbie. Took a long time, I only ended up with pictures in the Baptismal dress and none in any other dresses. Gwen was just not having any more of sitting in that chair or laying on her belly. They all are cute pictures, I guess it doesn't matter since we will be getting many more shots done in the future.
I don't think we have any Gwen advances since my last post. She is still working on sitting up and getting out of any confining spaces. We are certainly more diligent about making sure we remember to get the lap belts securely fastened! We still use our hands and she has turned pages in her books, but still don't know how purposeful it is. Gwen uses her hands more as mitts and grabs stuff but isn't always looking when she grabs at something. Wed I caught her with both hands on the little toys in the bouncy and trying to pull them to her mouth and her head up. Just a little more strength and she will be able to do it.
So, keep checking in for the battle of the wills. I know where she gets her stubbornness from, so this isn't going to be pretty! What do you think, a preview of what the teenage years will be like, replacing her current crying with Gwen yelling "You don't understand!" and a slamming bedroom door?

No comments: