Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Update

I realize that it has been a while since I have really written about life with Gwen, seeing as I have 'retired' I guess it is about time I start writing about Miss No Nap! Here are a couple pictures of her from Mom's visit. Thought you would enjoy.





But, I digress, on to life with Miss Gwen. We still don't take naps, unless we are in the car, and I don't think I can rely on that. Gwen is really starting to pull herself up. She doesn't like to be confined and I tried to get a picture of her pulling her head up, but when she heard the camera turn on she looked over at me the stinker. But it is a cute picture so I posted it!


Her swing has 2 positions, one that is more laying back and one that is more sitting up. Eric and I moved it to the more sitting forward position and now she lifts her head all the time. I don't know if you can tell in this picture that she has her head raised.


This last picture is from Monday. I was typing and she was eating and she finished eating and she wanted to sit up. Bad me, wanted to finish the post before I got sidetracked and Eric snapped the picture.


The last 2 nights we were able to get her to sleep early which allowed me some time to get some stuff done around the house. It was wonderful. We have now cleaned the excersaucer so she can play in it. Pretty soon I know she will be able to play in that. She still leans when she sits but she is strong so I am sure we will be sitting and able to be in the excersaucer in no time. Gwen has also started some new noises, voice testings really, higher pitched than she does now, it is fun for me to listen and wonder what her talking voice will be like. Mom says she has such a danity girl voice; maybe it will stay that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Ala...

Gwen is precious! I am sure you are enjoying your time at home with her. What is she going to be for Halloween? Drew is going to be Superman and Jack wants to be the purple backpack on the Dora show. John loves that. I enjoy keeping up with you all these days :) Good work on the blog!

Melanie said...

Hi!
I think Eric & I are leaning towards a skunk, 'cause she is our little stinker. But, I found the cutest costume to make and it was too big...had little tuffs of hair on the top! So, we might have to resort to buying something.