Monday, October 09, 2006

Nearly New Kids Sale

This weekend I went to the Nearly New Kids Sale. They have this at one of the local fairgrounds and a ton of Moms sell their own stuff. I brought my friend who is having a baby in Dec. The first one I went to last May, I was much like my friend, super excited and overwhelmed. I giggled to myself as I overheard a Mom and her daughter saying 'wow, look at all this stuff, I am overwhelmed.' My goal was to find an excersaucer, umbrella stroller and some 3-6mon clothes. I racked up. I was so excited it eased the pain of my Mom leaving town. I was so excited I took a picture of all the stuff I got. All for under $80! I was so excited I took pictures of the clothes separately, (I was describing some of them to my Mom and I don't she understood, because I am not a very good describer) I probably could have gotten more stuff, but Reyna and I got tired. Pretty cool, a lot of fun and I am glad they only happen twice a year. I don't think I could survive more than that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Melanie - good shopping! There are consignment sales like that here and I don't seem to have the energy anymore. Many moms I know have resorted to E-Bay for stuff. I don't have the energy for that either :) I have to get Miss Gwen's gift to her (I'll try and mail it this week!!)... Take care!!

Melanie said...

I have been told about ebay, but I haven't ventured there...my cousin makes a lot of money selling her old toys. It is funny what I get excited about now.

Anonymous said...

Mel-
You made out like a bandit!!! I'm jealous! :) Now you've got me thinking about sales out here...