Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fires

Many of you my remember that Eric and I previously lived in CA, we were actually there for the fires of 2003, that is the weekend we bought our car, a story for another time. I haven't been able to keep as abreast of the situation as I was when I was actually living in SoCal, mostly because I don't really watch much tv and I don't often read much on the internet, I don't always have time for that. But, I have checked where we used to live on the Calfires and I can see that we would have not been evacuated based on this map. If we were living in one of the temp housing that Eric had I think we would have been evacuated, but we can't quite remember where that was, but it was very near Rancho Santa Fe. I haven't heard yet from friends that are in the area, but from what I can tell from the map I really am only concerned about 1 of them losing their house, they lived in Poway. So, hopefully with the 'calmer' winds they will be able to get these fires under control and the ashy, nasty air will be breathable again. Ugh, some things you don't forget, like what it smelled like there in 2003, campfires smell good, but forest fires are another smell altogether!

2 comments:

Liesa said...

I noticed your post on forts and the first time out. I just have to say, it sounds like a day in our house! Forts are the best!

Gwen is adorable - 22 lbs! I am afraid that Bo will be up to 17 at his 4-month appointment next week!!Good grief!

Liesa said...

I noticed your post on forts and the first time out. I just have to say, it sounds like a day in our house! Forts are the best!

Gwen is adorable - 22 lbs! I am afraid that Bo will be up to 17 at his 4-month appointment next week!!Good grief!