Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Other uses for couches

A sad day in our house, we had our first time out! :( Gwen does not listen very well and today she kept trying to pull stuff out of the recycle bin. I need her to actually follow directions so she doesn't run into street when I tell her STOP!
Onto the pictures at hand, my husband is obsessed with forts, seriously. I think on our first date he actually told me how good his couch (that he inherited from his parents and was using in his apartment, I had picked him up so it was a natural conversation piece). Eric, for a while, has been talking about how good our couch would be for making a fort. Sat night he made his first fort for Gwen. I know I should put these pictures in some kind of slide show, but I am quite lazy today. Mom, sorry about my posture, hard to sit on a couch with no cushions!












Sunday morning I came home from Church and found them in the fort again, Eric had apparently thought that he could perfect his fort by changing the pillows. So, it seems that if you leave Eric and Gwen alone in your house, beware of the fort builders!
In another note, I am often amazed at the amount of attention I now command with Gwen. Often, I see people smiling at her, trying to get a rise from her, or some sort of attention. I am often surprised by the type of people that try to get her attentions, not just Grandparents. Today we were walking to the grocery store and Gwen was pointing out a truck to me...she loves anything that makes noise, she is especially fond of the diesel trucks...back the the story. I noticed that this guy, a landscaper, pointed at Gwen today, from across the intersection.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok