Thursday, January 03, 2008

Guilty pleasure

So, I am guilty of something I am going to admit on here. I love to listen to Gwen through the monitor after she wakes up from her nap. It cracks me up, she is in there talking and squealing and whatever else, but it is too cute and funny, and sometimes I think I leave her in there too long. I use the excuse of she is practicing her language skills, because we all no Gwen's personality by now, she won't practice in 'public'.
For a while now Gwen has been interested in putting on clothes and shoes that are not necessarily hers. Sometimes something catches her eye and she becomes obsessed; a couple weeks ago one of my Aunt's sent Gwen a snow suit and me the red 'dress' pictured here. Gwen as we might remember loves red and has been known to wear this around, she is very good at putting it on by herself. This outfit she assembled, with Daddy's help includes 2 of my pairs of underwear (we were folding laundry and she tried to put them on, Eric helped) and one of his shirts.


Of course, she 'tackled' Daddy.

Gwen also enjoys laying on the floor, mostly on her belly while kicking her feet, but first she had to roll off Eric and lay there and smile at us until she was ready to get up.
I can't believe I just posted these pictures, but, I guess it gives an idea of a day in the life!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Those are too funny - my girls LOVE to play in the clean (or dirty for Brooklyn) laundry! Glad mine aren't the only ones...
~Beth~

Beth said...

Oh - meant to say that my husband and I both love to listen to them through the monitor. Bella used to "talk" to all her stuffed animals before going to sleep!

Liesa said...

Nice dress Melanie!! That is hysterical! When we got Drew his very first pair of underwear to start potty training, he used to think the underwear was a hat and put it on his head... John laughed and Drew kept doing it for a little while...

Melanie said...

it is actually lingerie, I didn't feel comfortable putting that on the blog, or posting pictures of my underwear, what you do to show funny pictures!
(I also don't know why my aunt sent me lingerie either, but that is information for another post!)