Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Merry Christmas!

ok, so I know it is very belated, heck it is already the new year, but I am starting to feel better and have some time, so I have FINALLY posted our Christmas pictures. I think, just maybe there will also be a video with this post, but don't get your hopes up too high, since I have never been sucessful at getting the videos to post through blogger!
Here are the pictures of us putting together one of Gwen's new chairs, given to her by Grandmom...I thought Grandmom would like to see the inside of the chair, since there was so much hullabaloo surrounding the shipment of the chair.


Here is Gwen and the only toy we could really get her interested in looking at, in the box. We couldn't get her to open anything, she just kept wandering back to the chairs, until we tried to open this monstrousity, and then she was all over us like glue signing and saying "O", which she uses for open.

She also has some interest in her new baby doll, which she immediately stripped and we now carry around a naked baby doll with us places!
Oh, and Gwen in her new chair, which is now in her room for reading and such. Part of the bed/bath ritual used to involve Gwen sitting in Eric or my lap and reading MANY books, or parts of books. Now she sits in her chair, sometimes she will let you sit with her, but not all the time.

This is my Christmas cake...or as I like to call it velvety goodness! So, I am not such an expert on putting 6 layers together and making the cake look pretty! But when you cut a piece out no one actually knew that the cake was so lopsided! The icing was rich and the layers yummy and no one has complained about it so far! I just have to work on my technique!

It has taken about 4 hours to get this video to post, I hope you like it!

On the new baby front, I have felt kicks and punches and I had thought that Gwen would be the most active baby in utero, but this little one is giving her a run for her money! The other night I was getting kicked and punched, I suspect because one sec I felt a punch/kick down low and the next sec I felt a punch/kick up high. So either we have another swimmer or I don't know what. We are now at 50% to not find out the sex, 40% to find out and 10% say find out but don't tell anyone! Thanks to all who have voted so far, I can tell you this is going to make one of our readers VERY unhappy, she wants to know NOW what I am having. After that AU game last night, I am still leaning toward my favorite AU players for the first name...if it is a boy, haven't gotten approval for these names yet from the other naming party, but I still have a couple months to work on him for those names! WAR EAGLE and happy new year. Sometime I will probably post a slideshow of pictures, a year in review, but probably not today...I have my Christmas puzzle to work on people!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Our girls each got a chair like that for Chrismtas from their Nana and PawPaw! They love them - it is interesting to seem them disassembled - they were already put together when we got them at our house!!

Happy New Year (and Roll Tide- at least we won the bowl game)!
~Beth~

Melanie said...

I was quite surprised myself, I saw the chairs on your website and wondered if they were the same.
I am glad you won the bowl game...only time of the year you might catch me cheering for Bama...notice I said might! SEC has to stay strong...darn FL & Arkansas!
-Mel