Monday, January 28, 2008

Nagging

For weeks, maybe months, Eric has been bugging me to put Gwen's hair in a pony tail. I don't know why! Thursday I realized it was long enough, so I put it in a pony tail. I don't put Gwen in pigtails or in the ponytail very often because being winter, I think her hair should be mostly down so she won't get cold! Something my bald husband wouldn't understand!


Here is Gwen eating cheese off pizza!
Gwen is starting to try more foods, so I have decided to finally stop coddling her and not make her special meals anymore. I guess it will be a couple days of hardship and starving around here, but truly this is the only time I have to do it.
Eric is in DC this week, so that means he will probably be home just in time for the bath and putting to bed. And he will fully admit, as he did today when I mentioned it to him that he would cave. Does anyone else see a theme, Eric out of town, Melanie work on Gwen's issues? I have been going back and forth on the starvation plan, mostly because I wasn't sure I was ready, but truly, I need to not be making 2 meals when the next child arrives, so no better time than the present, right? I guess "meals" is stretching what Gwen actually eats, I wouldn't actually call them meals, snippets of food. So, we will see how it goes, this week we are going to start small, chicken, baked potatoes and broccoli. Since Gwen does like cereal for breakfast, I don't actually fear that she will starve, the Nurse Practitioner did say she will start eating with us when she is hungry. But, will I have the patience to listen to her whine and cry and be cranky...I guess we will see!

3 comments:

Beth said...

She looks ADORABLE!!!! I remember being excited to put Bella's hair up into a ponytail because it took soooo long for her to grow enough hair!

On the food issues - you will survive and so will she. I do not fix special things for Bella and she really does eat once she gets hungry. I may give her fruit or something instead of what we are eating if she just flat our refuses - but I do not fix a separate meal! Hopefully, the new baby won't be so finicky (is that a word). I know Brooklyn is not at all - she doesn't shy away from anything!

Good luck and hang in there!
~Beth~

Lesley said...

Keep us posted on the "food issues" - if it works, we'll try it with Patrick!
Gwen looks like a proper little lady with her hair up! Very cute!!

Liesa said...

I agree with Beth - keep up the food thing. We make a point to not have separate meals for the boys. I've even caught myself telling them I am not running a restaurant.