Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Water babies wk2!

So we are in out second week of water babies, today there was a little more crying, unfortunately, but it was mostly because I am a mean Mommy that tried to get her to participate in class. The instructor asked me today what I wanted to get out of the class, I am not really sure I hadn't thought about what we should get out of it. I guess I really want Gwen to get used to going places she is not comfortable with, but I certainly don't want her to be afraid of the water. I can't tell from her reaction if she is afraid of the water, or just not used to her surroundings yet. I don't think it is a fear of water, because when it is just the 2 of us interacting I can get her to get her head off my shoulder and reach for the ball (to work on reaching) I guess I thought this was a class for learning to be comfortable with the water, but she also works on swimming strokes and more importantly we, the Moms are learning how to safely get kids in and out of the water and water safety...like always having them look at the wall and touch it and whatnot. Now I have to say that Gwen's crying was not like all out screaming, but it was the fussy what are you doing to me kind of cry out. I feel like we made some progress, but let me tell you the water was COLD! We are not sure if it was that it was cold because the heat wasn't as high today or because we are morons that signed up for water babies in the middle of winter and it is hardly above freezing today. DUH!
We don't get the paper, and I don't keep up the news as I should, but I do keep up with some comic strips, you know we all have to have priorities! Last week I could really relate to For Better or For Worse. This comic strip from Friday I think really sums up some of the days of a SAHM. Of course Thursday's wasn't so bad either.
Got some work done last night and usual these things usually spur me on to get some work done, so we are going to try to start a monthly scrapbooking group, I need that so I can get all these pictures of Gwen into a hard copy format. I would really like to have Gwen's pictures in a hard copy so we can look through them together and so when Grandmas come to visit or we go to visit people we can refresh her memory that she knows these people, I hope that will go a long way to help Gwen and her shyness. One of the women last night said it is fun to see Gwen come out of her shell and to light up when she sees people she knows and 'talk' to them. All right, Gwen is finally up after a 4 hour nap. Our poor girl I guess is pretty tired. Oh, have I mentioned that she has started to drink chocolate milk! How exciting is that! Now if we could get her to eat something besides hot dogs and carbs we would have real progress!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hang in there!! She will do better - at least you're having fun and doing something together!
~Beth~