Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Crazy Gwen

I often Gwen my crazy baby, mostly 'cause I think she is nuts! Ok, not really, but she is so unpredictable I often don't know what to do. For instance, last night I made a casserole with penne, tomato sauce, spinach, and cheese. My kid refused to eat the pasta and tomato sauce but the spinach with some of the tomato sauce with cheese, ate that up...of course not off her plate, but when Eric offered it to her, she ate it up, she also ate the spinach part for lunch. You can't predict these things. And for the last 2 days, will she go down for her nap at 1p...no! Yesterday she went to sleep at 3p. This causes me a huge problem and a little bit of guilt. She is not screaming in her crib, she's just hanging out, but she will eventually fall asleep. Now, do I go get her, because she will sleep until 5 and then I won't be able to make it to the grocery store and we won't really get a chance to play, if we don't have to go to the grocery store. Does this mean that she needs a later nap time? I mean by 1p, I need a break. I am so tired during our nap time routine. Oh well, I guess I will try again tomorrow and see what happens. 3 is so late for a nap when you put your child down for bed at 7-7:30. Which in other news we have found if you put Gwen down after 7:30 she sleeps until 6, but if you put her down before 7:30 she sleeps until 8! I tell you the kid is counterintuitive! I guess that is what parenting is all about.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Ha! I am putting Laura to bed half an hour earlier tonight in the hope that she'll sleep past 6am!!
Isn't it true that just when you get the hang of something with babies, they up and change it all on you!