Friday, March 28, 2008

10 weeks!

So, has anyone realized yet that I am 30 weeks pregnant! I don't know why this is so monumental to me this week. I have been through this before, but the realization that we are about a month from the time when the baby could come at any time and they won't stop labor! Last time we didn't pack for the hospital for a long time, I must have been 36 weeks are more when we finally decided to pack. This time it will be more complex, because I will have to also pack for Gwen, I know Mom thinks/hopes she is going to make it for the birth so she can watch Gwen, I am not so sure. Mom can't come before the due date and last time even though I was considered late by the OBs standards, I was pretty much on time, based on my calculations. This time my predicted due date compared with the OBs due date is 3 days after mine. Needless to say, Eric and I have a lot to do around here, we must start getting Gwen's baby stuff out and sorted, put up the crib and all that junk. I still have to decide on our stroller. I have to admit that I am not looking forward to the newborn stage, I am not real fond of newborns, even my own, they don't really do anything interactive and they look weird and scary, most of the time. I do love that newborn stretch thing they do though. It will be interesting to see Gwen's reaction, she has become the unofficial hugger of the babies in class, after class we go to the play area and she runs up to all the Moms with the new babies and expects to hug them, she stands their with her arms out saying "ah, ah", until she is allowed to hug them. Gwen has also started running towards her friends her own age and says "ash, ash" and she expects them to do "ring around the roses". Except that she doesn't really know how to do it. Well, I guess that is not true, she knows about the circle thing, but she doesn't do the fall down thing. No matter how often we play at home she just won't sit, when it says fall down. Now she has taken to playing by herself at home, she just say "ash, ash, ash, ash" and go around in a circle. This kid cracks me up!
I was going to write about today's OB appt but I think Gwen is throwing up. Must go!

3 comments:

Beth said...

WOW - it certainly won't be long now!!!!!

Lesley said...

Good luck with the home stretch!!

I didn't enjoy Patrick's early days - I was too stressed about doing stuff wrong, and it seemed to last forever. But with Laura, I loved the newborn stage because I was so much more relaxed, and I knew it would go by so quickly. You might find you "enjoy" the early days a lot more this time around!

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the new baby!!

amyfruity said...

Wow.....You're getting so close. Sorry we didn't stop by on our way back up....I wasn't planning to come back so soon and it was a last minute decision so I didn't want to call you up at 8pm and say I'd be stopping by the next day....Brian also wasn't feeling that great and I didn't want to chance it. I promise to stop by the next time we drive down to Alabama...which will be plenty of times during Morgan's 15 month deployment. I'll send an email soon....I'm cleaning today for game night tomorrow (Morgan invited a bunch of people over)....So hopefully we can start making friends. :o)

I hope Gwen is feeling better!