Thursday, March 27, 2008

My little helper

It has been busy for us again. Today was our first AquaTots I class. Gwen did well, she went to the teacher to swim, cried and we were proud. The goal by the end of the class is for Gwen to be more independent. Being as I am 7mon pregnant, I really wanted to get Gwen in the next class up with this instructor. I don't think we will be able to have any more classes with her, since this teacher teaches during the 9-5 hours, and how would I do that with 2? We can keep Gwen in AT I until we feel she is comfortable enough to swim by herself and then maybe I can get Gwen back with Michelle, unless we find another teacher that I like better. But, I haven't heard great things about some of the other instructors. After swim class we went to HD to price out our new deck. (I think we have finally decided to stay here and try to make this place work for 2 kids. AH! I won't get into all the hairy details, but needless to say, we have a TH with 3 bedrooms and the only room that will work for 2 kids is the master, and we aren't going to do that! But we have some time until #2 will be kicked out of the master, so we will see.) I have been elected to do all the pricing etc, done, you know like the Project Manager...is anyone thinking sending Eric to get his MBA was a bad idea, now he has titles for jobs, you know which make the worker bee feel important! After the HD comparison to a small hardware store I went to, looks like next project will be new deck! Our current deck is not safe and Gwen loves to go 'outside', if the deck and railing were safer, then I could keep less of an eye on her and maybe make dinner while she plays 'outside!'
Last week (after I had mopped the floor of course), I had Gwen 'help' me with dinner. She was unruly and I thought some stirring would make her a little more reasonable. Gwen of course thought this was a big drink for her. Sorry kid!
You can see that she was getting the liquid in her eyes, but that certainly did not deter her enthusiasm.


In case you are ever visiting and you ever see Gwen making this face at you this translates to...
"give me some NOW!" It cracks me up, scares the heck out of Eric. I don't know why she does that, but she does...I do not recall ever making that face to her to get her to eat, but maybe I did. Also, if she makes that face and is holding food, it translates to "open your mouth, I am trying to share". Gwen has another I want food reaction, but I would have to get a video for you to believe me.
Off to do some paperwork...my responsibilities as project manager are never finished!

No comments: