Friday, March 07, 2008

OUTSIDE!

It has been one of those weeks for us! I seem to have come down with a runny nose, and it is not even a runny nose I can tolerate...I would just love to stick a tissue in my nostrils and walk around the house, I totally would, but Gwen would not like that at all, she would probably give me the look seen here!

That picture was taken 2 days ago when Gwen wanted to play "OUTSIDE", but I needed to bring in the groceries and start dinner. Momma's got to eat.

Here's my big girl enjoying her milk sitting in the chair like a big girl! Of course, she can't get up there by herself, but one day she will realize how to get up on a chair. She is very fast getting up on the other chairs.
This morning we decided not to go to class, like I said I have the running nose and we went to class yesterday and I told Eric I felt like I ran a marathon without training for it, my entire lower body ached and I was exhausted! This morning Gwen woke up at 3:30 with an apparently dirty diaper that was bothering her, Eric changed it put her back down and she went right back to sleep. Then this morning she coughed off a bowl of cereal. I thought that maybe it would be ok for use to take the morning off! (the stomach flu is going around and this is how my friend's daughter started out, but we have had no other incidents so I think Gwen is going to be fine!) So, I guess this is a long winded way to say, Gwen got to play "OUTSIDE" this morning in her jammies, boy was she mad when I made her come inside! But eventually you have to come into the house and put your day clothes on! Her little hands were cold. You can see her outside with her "beep-beep".


Gwen has begun to notice her hair in her face. This is a new trend, she doesn't necessarily tell me she needs a "bow", but she uses her hand to get her hair out of her face. So I am thinking it bothers her, so until her hair stays behind ear permanently we will be putting it back. I don't really mind doing her hair, but I take it out during her nap because one time I caught her chewing on the rubber band when I got her up from her nap. I was not happy about that and now when I put her down for her nap she says "bow" and pats her head if I don't take it out.
Yesterday Gwen took a normalish nap, but today she has taken a 3-3.5 hr nap! I guess this explains the whiny cranky kid I have been dealing with this morning. We were a little tired maybe, I hope this and Daddy (who she hasn't really seen since yesterday) coming home early will improve our attitude!

No comments: