Tuesday, June 10, 2008

23 Months

So, today Gwen is 23 months, and 23 months she definitely is! She has her moments when she is definitely 2, but overall she is still a lot of fun. She is definitely learning so much so quickly. As I have said her vocabulary is expanding not only in quantity of words, but also in phrases. She is putting 2 words together, maybe even 3. We don't have sentences, but Gwen definitely believes she is talking to us in sentences. It is unfortunate that we have no idea what she is saying, except for the last word, which is not really helpful.
This is the scene when Daddy leaves. Saddening, isn't it?

The 2-ness is going to hit us hard in the next couple of months I am sure, but she isn't so terrible and as of yet we don't have tantrums, so to speak. We have a lot of pouting and "No's". Apparently the pouting is directly from me, my Mom says it is very familiar.
Gwen's dancing technique has changed so much, we need to try and get it on tape, which I think is my Mom's mission while she is here. She still LOVES listening to music and I just got her a CD off iTunes that she can't help "grooving" to. Sometimes I wonder if she is singing, but she doesn't use any words, but she does this high pitched humming.
Gwen is really into her baby dolls. She loves them and carries them around the house, we don't really take them out in public, they often get taken to the car, but in our excitement to get out of the car we throw them down into floorboards. We have even started feeding our babies and we love to swing them in baby #2's swing.
I am certainly impressed with Gwen' s memory she remembers and comprehends more than we realize, and unfortunately that can be a detriment to me, because at 9mon pregnant I can't remember everything. Gwen will put stuff back and do certain tasks that I have done and I wonder where she got the stuff she is doing and then I remember she is mimicking something we have done.
It is going to be an interesting change around here to see how Gwen reacts to the new baby, consensus is that Gwen will be a good big sister, which I am sure she will be, but I do worry about her wanting to squeeze the baby when she "'ug"s it. She loves hugging babies! Then there will probably be Mommy lap issues!

It might be a while before I get the new baby post up, so, I hope you will have some patience with us. I guess the decision was made easy for me about what to do since Mom's window of visit is dwindling and I didn't want to push the baby out unless it is necessary. I am not the kind of person that takes pills, you would be hard pressed to find pain relievers and such that aren't expired, so chemical inductions are not high on my list of things to do. I am hoping that the baby is happy and healthy and not such a cry baby...like his/her big sister, and once the eviction notice is received s/he will take the hint and get out! I don't want to be in labor forever, like last time. (ok so it was 24 hrs, but when you are in labor without sustenance for that long, it is forever!) Have a great Wed...oh and on a crazy sidenote in Gwen's Mother Goose book it says Wednesday's baby is full of woe! I should have researched that also before I picked my induction. (Monday's baby is fair of face...Gwen was born on Monday)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel all our love & prayers coming your way!!!
Hugs all around!

Liesa said...

WOO HOO Baby #2 on the way today... I am sending GOOD THOUGHTS your way!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hail mary"ed" myself to sleep last night several times(after Josephine woke up several times) for you. I can't wait for the new "nephew/niece"!!! All my love!

Tatiana

Beth said...

OH isn't Gwen adorable!!! Very nice post about her!!

Thinking of you today and hoping your labor isn't forever!!!!