Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Status update

You are probably wondering how it is going here. I would love to say everything is peachy-keen, but I can't lie! Nathan is proving to be difficult, like Gwen, but also different than Gwen. Like many babies, Nathan has chosen the early evening to drive Momma crazy, I think it could be a combination of many factors. I think it is a chain of events starting with, Gwen is riddled up because she knows Daddy is on his way home, and she is excited and starting to drive Momma crazy, Nathan senses all of this and starts acting crazy and then we are all crying simultaneously, ok not all of us, but Gwen and Nathan are. I also wonder if Nathan by the end of the day has had enough of me and wants some bonding time with Eric. Last night Eric went to bed early and told me to take Nathan for a walk outside, I did, whereas with Eric, Nathan would be asleep in 10 minutes, I walked for a mile (rather slowly 'cause I am still recovering) and he cried intermittently the whole way. It makes you doubt yourself when you can't get your child to chill out and fall asleep no matter what else happened all day.

Nathan is a pretty good sleeper, and a good eater. He sleeps 3-4 hour blocks at night (which we know could change at any minute) and during the day he wants to eat every 2 hours. He often falls asleep while eating, I am too busy paying attention to his sister and then he gets mad when I remove him. And, does he ever get mad!! He gets red all over and turns to purple quite easily when he is angry.

I wrote this post last night and wouldn't you know it things were lovely around here last night. I had called the doula and asked her to come over and hang with us, Eric apparently has a meeting every Mon night at 6p. I thought I would be insane by the time he got home close to 7p. The doula feels that it would be bad for one of her clients to go insane and the time when I need the most help is early evening and all my friends are busy during that time also. Today was a much better day than we have been having around here. I was able to get a nap and last night Eric had the kids in bed by 8p, so I was able to get to sleep 9:30. It is amazing what a good night of sleep can do for your attitude. But, I was able to put Nathan to sleep today and I am hoping that we can get to sleep earlier around here. I have a backlog of pictures that I need to post, but I would imagine that one day I will get to posting pictures again when I am not beaten down by 2 children! I will leave you with a couple pictures from today. This one is from Gwen today, I thought I was going to bust up laughing when I came into her bedroom and found her like this:

(and yes she did this by herself, I don't know how she got the stocking and that attitude was all her own!) Here are pictures I took waiting for Nathan to wake up so he could finish eating.



He is beginning to look more like a little man, than like an old man, less wrinkly.

1 comment:

Beth said...

TOO CUTE - Love the picture of Gwen and her "attitude"!!!! Nathan is a handsome little fellow!!! Thanks for the update!!