Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dr. appt update

No Liesa I have not had this stubborn baby, stop trying to spread rumors! (the good thing about knowing someone for a decade and more is you can tease without worry about hurting feelings, 'cause they know you are kidding!)
So we had our last Dr's appointment today, it is with mixed feelings that I write this post; I am going to be induced tomorrow. When we did the u/s this morning it appears that we had some stuff in the amniotic fluid that could be merconium, the Dr felt it was safer to get the baby out sooner than later, like before the weekend. I elected for tomorrow because I like the on call Dr's scheduled for tomorrow, the guy we saw today and the woman who delivered Gwen comes in in the evening. (It was the first question I asked when he gave me the dates, I think the Dr thought I was crazy, but dude, if I can pick then who delivers should be one of my options, yes!?) They are going to break my water and see what happens. The speculation is that I won't go long because I am mostly ready to go, we just apparently need a jump start. My doula suggests I rest today and try to do things that keep my mind off tomorrow's induction, which means I won't be taken out for my nightly walk...thank goodness! So, send up a good thought, we are still hoping for a drug free no complication delivery! Hopefully sometime in the next couple days you will learn more about the newest addition to our family!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Good Luck with everything! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

Liesa said...

Well, we are still thinking of you, Eric and Gwen. I dreaded the day before my induction. Weird to think that at this time tomorrow, you could very well be holding Baby Ubil #2 (can't wait to find out boy/girl, name, etc. so we can quit calling him/her Baby #2).

After the rumor tease, I am SO tempted to put a congrats to you on my blog now and really throw folks off - but I won't!

Melanie said...

Liesa-I know that you would! But what would you do for names and sex of the baby?

Beth said...

Oh Melanie!!! I'm assuming you didn't want to be induced - but just think about how happy you will be to meet the new little one!

I am sure you will do great!! I'll be sending some calming positive thoughts your way tongiht and tomorrow!!!

Can't wait to "meet" the new little one!

amyfruity said...

Mel....I didn't want to be induced either...but with Morgan only getting 2 weeks of R&R we didn't have much of a choice. Maybe you'll get a miracle tonight.... :o)

Good luck tomorrow....We'll be thinking about you all day and we can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

Sending LOTS of positive thoughts your way! :o) :o) :o)

Melanie said...

Beth-I don't like to take drugs, much less ones that can be introduced to the placenta, but since the Dr has agreed to just break my water to start out hopefully that will be enough to get this baby out.
I just believe that the less intervention when it comes to birthing the better, I want them to cook as long as they are supposed to, but obviously, if something is not right with the baby, I will welcome interventions because I don't want anything bad to happen.